Sunday 31 May 2020

Weekly Challenge/Monday Learning

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend! Here is the weekly challenge for this week :) (click to enlarge)


I'm sure most of you received the robo call of going in this week to get your child's belongings. I have no idea what this is going to look like. Once I receive more information, I will let you know, and you can also follow the Gatestone website for more information. I will be in the school Monday (tomorrow) packing up everything for your child (spare clothes, artwork, journals, epipens, etc.) I will be placing these bags in their cubbies/lockers. Please do not enter the classroom any further than this. Once again, I'll pass along more info once I get it!

Monday's Learning:

Literacy: Ask your child to identify the beginning sound in the following words. Remember, you want them to tell you the SOUND and not the letter. As an extension, they can tell you the letter that makes that sound.

- their name
- mop
- leg
- wet
- ball
- toy
- vet
- pug
- den

Practice writing the following sight words down: I, a, am, can, see, the, it, is

Mathematics: Practice printing your numbers 1-10, or up to 20 if you can :)

Have your child explore this online number rack: https://apps.mathlearningcenter.org/number-rack/

We use this in class almost everyday during our daily math talks. Watch this video for ideas on how to use it. I will do a video lesson this week that they can participate in! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment