Thursday 28 May 2020

Sounding out Words

Hi families,

I made my own "blending board" at home. A "blending board" is a binder that has different sounds in it that you can flip through to make different words to practice sounding them out. I made a video on how to make one at home, OR if you don't want to I made a short video lesson that your child can watch and participate in :)


Making One ^

Note: I forgot to add how many cards you need. You need 38 index cards. Here are the letters you would write:

Beginning Sound: B, C, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, V, W, Y, Z
Middle Sound: A, E, I, O, U
Ending Sound: B, C, D, F, G, J, K, L, M, P, S, T, V, Z


Extension Activity ^

Beginning Sound: BL, BR, CL, CR, DR, FL, FR, GL, GR, PL, PR, SC, SK, SL, SM, SN, SP, ST, SW, TR, TW, SH, CH, TH, WH
Middle Sound: AI, EE, EA, OA, AR

(I would just start with those!)


Blending Lesson ^

No comments:

Post a Comment