Monday 11 May 2020

Tuesday May 12th

Literacy: Read 2 books on Raz kids. Practice recording one! (I realized not too long ago that I can hear and respond to any books you read) :)

Parents: Grab a piece of scrap paper and draw this on it:


Have your child gather 5, small objects from around the house. Read the following sentences to them. They will put one small object in each box for each word. You can read the sentence first, or read it slowly so they can do it at the same time. I show you an example in this video:


NOTE: Some children will put a magnet in for each SYLLABLE for a word (example 3 for basketball). Remind them that even though it has 3 syllables, it's only ONE word.

Sentences:

"I like to play basketball"
"The boy is sad"
"My favourite food is pasta"
"I love you mom"
"I like flowers"
"The dog is happy"
"I like chicken and mashed potatoes"

Make your own sentences too!

Mathematics: Play "Number Bingo" on abcya.com here:

https://www.abcya.com/games/number_bingo

No comments:

Post a Comment