Monday 30 March 2015

Important Issue

Dear Parents/Guardians,

We've been having an ongoing issue of some students playing violent games outside and inside during recess/learning centres. Some students have been playing "Call of Duty" and "Minecraft", simulating weapon use and killing people. Although I can't control what goes on at home, I do know that this is not something I want happening in my classroom... ever. We've had many discussions with students regarding this type of play and how it's not acceptable at school. Unfortunately, there are many times where my input has little effect on student output. If you think it is necessary, please have a conversation at home with your child to remind them that this type of play is not nice and should not be happening at school. Remind your child that they can choose to play with whomever they wish, and don't have to play these violent games at school.

Thank you for your cooperation!

No comments:

Post a Comment