Thursday 12 February 2015

Update: Thursday, February 12th, 2015

Hi everyone!

Happy "Valentine's Day"! We had lots of fun today in our class :) Exchanging valentines was quite a lengthy (2 hours, lol) process, heh but we got through it! I apologize if there are any Valentine's in there that belong to someone else- we did the best we could! Please don't worry about sending them back. Thanks to everyone for the nice Valentine's cards and treats! :) Also, my plan was to do crafts with the students Monday and Tuesday for you to keep but due to circumstances there wasn't any time- sorry!

Our day consisted of card exchange, lots of food, learning centres, and a special guest! Here are some pictures from today :)





 











 We forgot to get a couple of our friends during the madness - sorry!

Special Guest - Owen's Dad!


Owen's father joined us today. He is a priest! We got to see so many neat photos and pieces of clothing that he gets to wear on special occasions. We learned that he has many different parts to his job and works in different places besides the church. Thank you for sharing with us!

Blog Changes

Navigating through my blog, I've decided I'm going to make some changes to it to help make it more organized. Instead of doing long posts with multiple things inside of it, I'm going to do a separate blog entry for each one. This way I can file them easier in some new tabs I'm going to create. I'm not going to go back and fix previous posts, but that's what I plan on doing from here on out :) This may eliminate the need for a Friday update... I haven't decided yet. I'll keep you posted :)

Report Cards

By now I'm sure you've all read your child's report card. There is a spot on the 3rd page that you can check if you would like to sit down with Miss Smith and I for an interview. If you have no concerns then an interview is not necessary, but can obviously still take place if you wish. We may request interviews with parents even if you select 'no' based on our professional judgment and our desire to talk to you. Please make sure you return the last page signed along with the envelope (signed). The last page is also a great opportunity to sit down with your child, let them know what the report says, and give them a chance to reflect and set goals :)

That's all I can think of for now. Have a great, safe long weekend, and we will see you Tuesday! Happy Family Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment