Saturday 31 January 2015

IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ

Hi everyone!

Please read the following information, as it's incredibly important and has been an on-going issue for some students.

Issue Regarding Pick-Ups

As of late, there have been many instances of people I don't know coming to pick up students. This is a huge safety issue and puts me in an uncomfortable position. We have about 20 students who are walkers, and most students have 2 people that can pick them up. That's 40 faces that I already have to remember. If you add on grandmothers/grandfathers, neighbours, aunts, uncles, etc., that number can easily double. I kindly remind you of the following:
  • Please write a note in the morning to inform me if someone else besides the usual is picking up your child or message me on Twitter. Phone calls at the end of the day or telling me in passing is not preferred.
  • I have the right to deny any student to anyone who is not on the approved pick-up list in the office. Anyone could say that they are there for a certain student. I will be going through the approved pick-up lists next week to see who is approved for every single student and will be sending them straight to the office if they aren't.
  • If your child attends daycare and you are picking them up instead, it is your responsibility to let the daycare know. They always come to me and ask if so and so has been picked up. It should also be communicated with me that they are not attending daycare.
I apologize for being so blunt, but I hope you can appreciate my concern. There's also so many things going on throughout the day that it's already hard enough for me to remember things!!
In all attempts to stay as safe as possible,

~ Miss Pliura

No comments:

Post a Comment