Wednesday 30 September 2020

Sept 30th Update

Hi families!

Recently we've learned about our 5 classroom rules. We are practicing remembering them and to always follow them in the classroom :)

1) Hands and feet to ourselves

2) Be a good friend

3) Use your manners

4) Use your listening ears

5) Clean up after yourself

These are our rules on top of all of our Covid rules! Ask your child if they remember any of them!

Today we played a whole class listening game. I would give the children two animal sounds, such as "oink.... moo". Then I would ask students which sound they heard first and which sound they heard last. Then I would add a third sound! For example, meow, woof, baaa :P Then I would ask "Which sound did you hear in the middle? Which sound did you hear first? Last?". This is good practice for when it comes to spelling words and we have to be able to hear all the sounds in it! We definitely need to practise this more!

Then we did an individual listening activity- the kids did so well at it! Here's a short video clip:

They are getting really good at these listening worksheets, which combine listening and following directions. Now we have to transition into listening in "real life", as sometimes they act like I'm speaking another language, lol. We will get there!

Another thing we are REALLY working on is our classroom rule #3- Using our manners. Our friends have been requiring a lot of reminders to say please and thank you. We've had some grabbing out of my hands, some "Huhs?" and lots of no responses when I help them with something. If you could chat with your little one at home about it, it would be greatly appreciated! We are practising it every single day!

I've placed a copy of our October calendar in your child's backpack. I sanitizied my hands beforehand :) I figure this is easier to just pop on your fridge than to look online. I know it's pretty bare. I'm hoping we can still get dressed up for Halloween and celebrate with our "Party in a Bag", but of course we are still waiting on direction from the school. Once I know, you'll know!

We've been playing with some new toys this week and even got to do some painting! The kids had a lot of fun :)











No comments:

Post a Comment