Friday 31 October 2014

Welcome to Gatestone's Jr. Dance Team!


In October of 2013, I created Gatestone's Junior Dance Team. It is composed of approximately 60 dedicated students in Grades 4, 5, and 6. On a weekly basis, I run 1 of 3 different types of dance classes: Jazz, Hip Hop, and Lyrical/Contemporary (a mix between Jazz and Ballet). I'm so happy to have started this team, for it is a great deal of fun for me. I have 14 years of dance experience and danced competitively for 10. I have been classically trained in Russian Ballet, along with Jazz, Lyrical, Tap, Acro, and Musical Theatre.


For me, dance was a creative outlet that helped me become a more confident person. It challenged me  in many ways, and I am so appreciative to have had the experiences I did. I am absolutely thrilled to have started a Dance Team at Gatestone. I can only hope that the students I teach have as much fun as I do! It brings me so much happiness to share this with them.

I'd like to thank all the girls and boys on the Junior Dance Team for their hours of hard work, commitment, and perseverance. It is a lot of hard work preparing for our year end show and you did amazing! I am so proud of all of you!!

~ Miss Pliura

"Some people don't believe dancers are athletes. We know better."
- Unknown

Performances

Please click on the links below to watch our performances!

No comments:

Post a Comment