Friday 10 October 2014

Friday Update! October 10th, 2014

Hello everyone!

This post will be really short (and random) because we've been updating quite a bit throughout the week :) But we hope you enjoy it anyway!

Family Tree

I'm so glad to finally have our family tree filled up with pictures :) (it was so bare and sad at the beginning!) It's great for the kids to see their families throughout the day and they like seeing their friends' families as well. I'm glad my mom and dad's old artificial tree is being put to good use ;)

          

Mr. Giggles

This week, we introduced our new class mascot - a cute little monkey named Mr. Giggles! He didn't always have that name though. As a class, we voted on our favourite name. The three names we had to choose from were: Captain Bananas, Mr. Giggles, or Mr. Monkey Man. We turned this into a fun math lesson and graphed our votes!


Mr. Giggles won by a landslide! We are excited to have him be a part of our class community. We will soon be introducing him as the captain of our "Friend Ship" - a character education program we will be implementing soon!

Creativity at Creative!


The spotlight is on Giulia this week for creating some really awesome crafts at the creative centre, including a person made out a toilet paper roll and a crown! She also wrote the names of her family members on foam paper. Great job, Giulia!

Thanksgiving

At the end of the day, we had a community circle where we shared what some of our plans were over the long weekend. Apparently a lot of you give them presents on Thanksgiving!!! It was fun to listen to :P As soon as one person said they were having 3 Thanksgiving dinners, they wanted to one up each other. I think we got up to 6 Thanksgiving dinners before we said enough was enough, haha. Here are some examples: 

Andrew: "I'm having Thanksgiving dinner with my family."

Aaron: "I'm going to my cousin's house for a sleepover!"

Gurshan: "I'm going to see a movie!"

Nathan: "I'm going to my Grandma and Grandpa's house."

Carter: "I'm going to the movies with my dad."

Alyssa: "I'm going on a walk with my mom, dad, and baby sister."

We hope everyone has a safe and happy long weekend, whether or not you celebrate Thanksgiving :) I know that I'm very thankful for having a wonderful teaching partner, a great class full of awesome kids, and to be teaching at a school as great as Gatestone.

See you on Tuesday!

~ Miss Pliura

No comments:

Post a Comment