Friday 31 October 2014

Happy Halloween!

Good evening everyone, and Happy Halloween!!!

I hope everyone is having tons of fun trick or treating in the neighbourhood :) Remember to brush your teeth! I am so sorry I couldn't post on Wednesday or Thursday.... that sure does leave a lot to post about today! It was a pretty crazy week, but I'm glad I now have the time to sit down and share everything with you :)

Wednesday

Where do I even begin! I suppose I'll start with our Fall Walk on Wednesday :) It was the perfect day for a stroll around the neighbourhood. We started off by visiting the infamous "Kindergarten Tree". We noticed that the tree still had a lot of leaves on it. Students knew, however, that they would be falling off soon.


When we were walking toward Eringate Park, we noticed some trees didn't have any leaves! I wonder why this is? We weren't sure whether or not we were in Gatestone Park or Eringate Park, so we had to use our Lips the Fish strategy to help us :) Once we got to Eringate, students each received a Ziploc bag and began collecting leaves and twigs that we will use for crafts next week :) Students had so much fun on the walk!


Once we got back to the classroom, we began to carve our pumpkin- yuck! Haha. I think I may be allergic to them! Anyway, as a class, we decided on a face using abcya.com and got to work on it. Not too shabby, I must say! Students also did some marble painting- looks awesome!!


Thursday

On Thursday we had our Tribes afternoon. Students got to go to their 'house' classroom and play some fun games with students from other classes. We'd like to congratulate Ashlyn (not pictured), Nevaeha, and Lilly for demonstrating exceptional Independent Work skills. Way to go, ladies!


We also started to get our goodbye card ready for Mrs. Tortola! :(


Friday - The Big Day!!

Let me begin by describing the day with a short video I took ;)


Yes, that was pretty much the vibe for the whole day, heh :P We started off by doing our regular morning routine followed by some learning centres, since we knew we wouldn't get a chance to go to them later! It took me almost an hour to do the important bags- stuffing them with treat bags, candygrams, home reading books, oh my! You will also get some treats on Monday from Victoria- we didn't see them until the end of the day- sorry Victoria! 

After recess, we had our party- woohoo! Lots of delicious yummy treats. A big thank you to those parents who did bring in treats as requested (this month's treat team). We really appreciate it and the kids loved them!! While students were eating, we called over a couple of students at a time and helped them get their costumes on. Everyone had a costume and everyone looked great!!! 




And Izze :) Sorry we couldn't fit you in the collages cutie!


We had our very own cast of Frozen in our room- amazing!

We stayed in for recess since we didn't want to get our costumes wet. Once recess was over, the parade began! I hope you all enjoyed seeing our smiling faces and costumes. The kids had a great time- we felt like celebrities!!


Last but not least, we had to say goodbye to Mrs. Tortola :( There were lots of smiles but also some tears. Her genuine kindness, love for the children, and hard work ethic made her an exceptional asset to our class. I know the students will miss her dearly, as will I. I admire her passion and I know she will make a phenomenal mother. We wish you the best of luck on your pregnancy and hope that you come visit us soon!! This isn't really 'goodbye'.. it's a 'see you later' ;)


Here is a whole-class photo of us in our costumes :)


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! 

Have a great weekend :)

~ Miss Pliura

No comments:

Post a Comment