Wednesday 2 October 2019

Literacy: Listening Game!

Over the past month, I've noticed that students are raising their hands to answer questions before I even ask.... sometimes I like to trick them by changing my original question to something silly like "Who would like to...... clean my dirty shoes?" ;) To work on this, we played a new listening game :) I call it "Baa, Oink, Moo"!


I started off making 2 animal noises, such as "oink oink, moooo". Then I asked students, "Which animal did you hear first?". Then I would change it up and ask students, "Which sound did you hear last?". Thankfully, no students said any noises that I DIDN'T make, so we're off to a good start, hehe. But we definitely need to keep working on waiting until the question is asked, listening to what exactly is being asked, and answering appropriately. We added in a third sound, and then I asked students "Which sound did you hear in the middle?". We have a lot of work to do around this, considering knowing "first, middle, last" is a skill in itself. You can play this game at home quickly after dinner, or during bath time. If "first and last" is too hard, just ask questions like "Which animal sound did I just make?". We will keep working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment