Tuesday 22 November 2016

Announcements: Tribes Update and Ramblings

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all having a great week so far. I just wanted to make a brief post updating you on a couple of things!

I told all of you that I would inform you of when we found out what was happening with Tribes, and at our last staff meeting it was decided that Tribes is no longer taking place. This was a decision made by the Positive School Climate committee and student voice from around the school. We have been informed that we are now doing "Student of the Month", which is where Mrs. Tortola and I will choose one student for the remaining months who we feel has really shined. This student will have their picture taken and placed in the front foyer and attend a "breakfast of champions" (more details to follow).

Although I love the idea that we can choose what the award is for (i.e., being a good friend, being responsible), I'm less enthused that not all students will get a chance to be recognized. Yes, I know that "life isn't fair" and not everyone can win at everything, but I do think it's so important at this age that students can feel recognized for something.... it supports their confidence! Not everyone can win the "Organization" or "Leadership" award, but there is always something that they are successful at :) Anywho, that's what's going on with that. We of course won't be able to choose all students for "Student of the Month", especially since school is almost half over, heh, but we will certainly recognize all students at the end of the year who haven't been chosen and give them some type of certificate.

As for your Tribes shirts, I know a lot of you have them and they are just adorable, so I would like to continue to wear them on Thursdays as a class! Students won't receive tokens for them anymore, but I think it would be a nice tradition for our class :) Only the SKs would have them as they weren't for sale this year. You certainly don't have to wear them on Thursday, but it's up to you!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment